Self Locking Awnings
Self locking awnings keep the harsh Australian sun at arm’s length from the windows in turn reducing the heat entering your home saving you on cooling costs. Easy function, self-locking arms make the Standard Auto Awnings a breeze to operate.
An attractive and seamless addition to any home. Burns for Blinds extensive range of modern fabric colours enables us to compliment any façade.
When not is use the Awning can be rolled neatly into the headbox.
Motorisation available? No.
Decor & Styling
Cost effective, easy to use.
Self locking awnings come in a wide variety of fabics. The highly customisable range of headbox, rail and valance options mean they can be tailored to suit any style of home.
Glare reduction – at certain times of the day you may have windows that cop the sun's rays to the point where it is difficult to be in that room. Self locking awnings will allow you to quickly and easily prevent this annoyance.
Energy efficiency – by stopping the heat of the sun's rays from entering your room, your air conditioning system will operate more efficiently and effectively.
Key benefits & features
- Best of both worlds – easily create shaded or light-filled rooms
- Smooth and easy to operate
- UV protected components
- Made to measure to ensure a perfect fit
- Made for strength and durability to withstand harsh Australian conditions
- Arms lock automatically in any location down the guide rods
- Oversized roller tube and spring reduces bowing, also making it easier to operate
- Fibreglass and plastic arm ends ensure smooth operation
- 1500mm Boat Hook pull down stick supplied as standard
- Choice of 150mm or 200mm scallop valance, or a straight valance, or request no valance for a minimalist look
- Matching or contrasting braid available on scallop and straight valance
- Straight valance can also be self hemmed
- Headbox Colours include White, Federation Green, Primrose, Stoney Beige, Black, Anvil, Nocturnal, Thundercloud & Galaxy
- Bottom rail colours include White, Federation Green, Primrose, Stoney Beige, Black & Galaxy
- Choice of 5 arm sizes – 150mm*, 300mm*, 450mm, 600mm, 900mm
*150mm – 300mm available in stainless steel as an option
- Custom made to order
- Maximum width: 4300mm*
- Maximum drop: 2750mm*
*Depending on fabrics, operating systems, total square metres.